WHY HIRE A CAREER COACH?
Need a new career direction? Want help finding a new job? Haven’t yet found your niche?
Achieve your goals by partnering with a career coach at Call to Career.
Here are some of the benefits that you can receive from career coaching:
- Define your vision for your career
- Leverage your strengths and gain a competitive advantage in a tough job market
- Overcome obstacles and reduce isolation in your job search
- Transition into a new industry and apply your skills in a new arena
- Experience financial security
- Stay on track with long-term career goals
Here’s how Call to Career’s coaching services helped Susanne Ebling:
“Working with Cheryl last year was one of the best experiences in a long time of pursuing my professional development. She was able to help me define my visions, focus my efforts, and guide me towards an efficient and successful job search. Even though she has not worked in my field, she provided me with plenty of tailored resources and taught me how to use social media tools for professional networking and growth. Even after finding a new job I continue to work with her on my career development goals, because she thinks out of the box and gives advice that consistently brings me closer to the 5-year goal that she helped me formulate. Cheryl always appears to be one step ahead of your thought process and is extremely talented at asking the necessary questions so you can reach your own conclusions as to what seems best for you. She is motivating, supportive, optimistic yet realistic, and one of the most positive forces you can have on your side while trying to reach the next goal.”
What should you look for in a career coach? Here are a few tips from CNN Money:
- Credentials Choose a coach who has formal training in coaching.
Cheryl Palmer is a certified executive career coach with training from the Career Coach Institute as well as a certified professional resume writer with credentials from the Professional Association of Resume Writers.
- Credibility Your coach should be active and visible in the industry.
Cheryl has been quoted in the following media outlets: The Wall Street Journal, CNN, MarketWatch, The Ladders, ExecuNet, and HotJobs.
- Testimonials A good coach will provide you with references from past clients.
Cheryl´s testimonials are publicly available on her LinkedIn page at http://www.linkedin.com/in/cherylpalmer.
- Fees You should know how much you will be paying up front.
All fees are listed on Call to Career´s website at http://www.calltocareer.com/store/
*Taken from the article How to Find the Right Career Coach, CNN Money, August 5, 2008
What are some areas that you might discuss in a career coaching session?
- Career change
- How to search for a job more effectively in a tight market
- How to incorporate social media into your job search
- Interviewing skills
- Salary negotiation
Call for your free 20 minute initial consultation today at 877-743-9521 or complete the form below.