Are you afraid of failing at your career? Failing is actually pretty easy. It’s success that’s hard.
Read the tips below to see how simple failing is to do.
1) Don’t learn from your mistakes. You are guaranteed to fail at your career if you learn nothing from your mistakes. We all make mistakes, but learning from them helps us to grow. Not learning from them ensures that we will repeat the mistakes again and again.
2) Never take responsibility. If everything is always someone else’s fault, it means that you are not mature enough to take responsibility and then learn to do things differently.
3) Stay the course. It’s true that staying the course can be a good thing, but it is only a good thing when you are on the right course in the first place. If you are on the wrong course, and you don’t have enough humility to admit that you are on the wrong track, you are certain to remain on the wrong track if you don’t reevaluate the situation and make some changes.
4) Accept mediocrity. Being mediocre may seem like a good career strategy, but it can cause career failure down the road. The reason that it may seem like a good career strategy initially is that you do enough not to get fired. But the flip side of that is that you also don’t do enough to make a significant contribution. You can’t ever look back on your career with a sense of satisfaction if you know within yourself that you never gave your best.
5) Be afraid of change. Perhaps you have heard of the secretary years ago who gave her boss an ultimatum. He could choose her or the computer, but she was not going to learn how to use a computer. Of course you know the end of the story. The computer won, and she was out of a job. Now that we are so totally dependent upon computers, the secretary’s reaction may seem ridiculous, but if you are afraid of change, you could end up just like her. As they say, the only constant in life is change.
6) Don’t believe in your own abilities. If you don’t believe in you, who will? We all have areas in which we excel. Make sure you know what you’re good at, and believe that you can do well in the areas where you are gifted.
7) Live in fear. This is a great way to fail. Fear can be truly crippling, and it can prevent you from moving forward and achieving what you really want. If you want to fail at your career, being bound by fear is a great way to accomplish it.
P.S. If you want to be successful in your career, make sure you do the opposite of the tips above.
Do you feel like you’re failing? Talk to a certified career coach today to learn how you can turn your career around at 877-743-9521.