If you are wondering how to stand out from the crowd and enhance your online presence, you might consider blogging. Many people think of blogs as just one individual’s musings, but a blog can be part of your strategic job search plan to attract the attention of employers.
Here are a few ways that blogging can put more muscle into your job search:
1) A blog can be a great way of demonstrating your expertise. By writing thoughtful articles that show your mastery of the issues that are most pressing in your field, you position yourself as an expert that employers will want to hire.
2) When you drive traffic to your blog through search engine optimization (SEO) and by connecting to thought leaders with large followings in your field, you will start to attract the attention of hiring managers.
3) By connecting your blog to your LinkedIn profile, employers can click on your blog articles and see the contributions that you are making to the field. By making your blog visible on your profile, you can give employers who are searching for someone with your skill set more information about you.
4) Most job seekers do not engage in blogging, so if you are a good writer, this can be an excellent way to distinguish yourself from other similarly qualified candidates.
5) You can incorporate keywords into your blog articles to attract hiring managers and recruiters to your blog and then give solutions to common problems in your field. By doing this you demonstrate that you are a solutions-oriented executive or professional.
You can start a blog free of charge on sites like Blogger.com and WordPress.com. It’s one way to stand out in a crowded field of job seekers.
*For more advice on how you can distinguish yourself from other similarly qualified candidates in your field, send an email to email@example.com or call 877-743-9521.